Jo Hawes Casting
Jo Hawes Performing Arts Courses / School
- A child is a person under the age of 16 years.
- Data may be collected for casting, training and licencing purposes and is a necessary part of the audition and training process. Such data may include, but is not limited to, names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, school and agent details and certain personal information such as, but not limited to, dates of birth, heights, photographs, medical details. All such information will be Private and Confidential.
- Information may be forwarded to personnel employed on productions who are directly involved with the children such as, but not limited to, production, chaperones and company management as required by them in the best interests of the child and so that they are able to carry out their work.
- All electronic information will be stored by me securely on password protected devices. Where hard copies exist they will be stored securely and destroyed at the earliest opportunity.
- Audition forms that are necessarily held as hard copies will be shredded after the auditions have taken place and offers have been made to include any photographs either provided by auditionees or taken by audition personnel. These will be replaced by a contact sheet containing names, email address of parent, role, contact telephone numbers which are held on a password protected device. Any chaperone who is given such information in order to be able to carry out their duties is advised that this cannot be printed but held behind a password.
- Licenses will be held securely by myself, the company manager of the production for which the license is granted, the producer of the production and the chaperone.
-The Children and Young Persons Act requires such licenses to be kept for a 6 month period after which any held in my possession will be destroyed / deleted and producers/ company managers will be advised to destroy / delete also.
- INFORMATION HELD REGARDING ADULTS INCLUDING PARENTS, TUTORS, INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS AND CHAPERONES - All such information is held on a password protected device and deleted as soon as it is no longer required.
- It is often useful for parents to be part of a visible database in order that they can communicate with each other. Parents will be asked if they object to being part of such a database and if they do they will be BCC’d and therefore not visible to other parents.
- Information including, but not limited to, photographs of children that is sent to me in the interests of casting will be held securely on a password protected device and will not be given to any third parties. Such information will be deleted as soon as it is no longer required.
- No information will be shared with third parties other than that which is absolutely necessary in order to be able to cast, licence or train children.
- Any data sent to personnel attached to productions (chaperones, producers, tutors, company managers) will be responsible for destroying such data and Jo Hawes will not be held liable for their failure to do so.
- All data is controlled by myself - Jo Hawes.
- Individuals have a right to appeal to the Information Commissioner if they feel that data is being mishandled.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you or your child but note that a fee will be payable in certain circumstances. If you would like a copy of the information held on you or your child please email me on the address below. If you believe that any information I am holding on you or your child is incorrect, out of date or incomplete, please email me as soon as possible so that I can comply with my obligations to keep your information accurate. Equally, you have the right to request me to delete your personal data where there is no compelling reason for me to hold it.
Jo Hawes CDG
Children’s Casting and Administration